This weekend, sees the clocks go forward by 1 hour, yes unfortunately we all lose 1 hour of precious sleep.
Earth Hour, is a world-wide push to get individuals and businesses to think about the strain we are putting on the natural world, especially its finite resources and climate.
What is Earth Hour
The idea is that you switch off all of your electronic devices, and yes that includes your mobile, all in the name of nature and the planet.
But rather than you just sitting in the dark, we’ve put together a list of a few things you can do to show your support.
With our climate changing, spending an hour in the dark with no electronics is a very small price to pay and could help change the world for the better.
Why not try?
These are just a few ideas.
- An Earth Hour party – candle style, complete with your own entertainment – remember no electronics.
- Try playing board games, twister is our favourite
- Host a candle lit pub quiz, health and safety is of paramount importance here
- Get outdoors and take in the natural beauty of the stars
- Exchange ghost stories, no responsibility is taken for scare factor
- Go camping and try out some roasting of your own marshmallows
- Head to a friends or relatives and have a wild sleepover, don’t forget your sleeping bag
There are quite literally thousands of ways in which you can take part in Earth Hour.
Despite it being for an hour, believe it or not that hour will zoom by.
Afterwards you really will feel sense of doing your bit for our planet and you will also help kick start a global movement to provide a more loving attitude to the world we all share.
Not sure how you can get involved? Check this out.